Did you know, Sweet Almond Oil isn't "just" a carrier oil
- it actually holds its own amazing properties and benefits?
Sweet Almond Oil is made from almonds using the cold press method; in a nutshell (geddit?), the dried kernels from the fruit of the almond tree are pressed in order to extract the oil. It's good to note that Sweet Almond Oil is different to Bitter Almond Oil, which is made from a different variety of almond and is often used as an essential oil or in extracts.
What's so great about it?
As well as being super moisturising, Sweet Almond Oil is high in vitamins (A, B-complex, D & E), essential fatty acids (omega 6 & 9), and minerals (including calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, potassium, selenium and zinc). The presence of these beneficial compounds means that not only does Sweet Almond Oil feel luxurious and nourishing on your body, it also has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties - which is a win for your skin!
What is it good for?
Sweet Almond Oil can help:
- Retain moisture in the skin/soothe and remedy dry skin
- Cleanse skin and balance oil
- Alleviate acne, prevent breakouts & minimise scarring
- Balance skin tone & treat dark spots
- Prevent signs of ageing or sun damage
- Relieve eczema & psoriasis
How do I use it?
There are loads of recipes and products you can use Sweet Almond Oil in - including, but not limited to:
- Massage oils
- Face & skin oils
- Hair masks
- Aromatherapy blends/pulse point oil rolles
- Cuticle oils
- Makeup removing oil
- Lip Balms
or of course you can just apply it directly to your skin if you prefer!
Need to stock up? Find our Sweet Almond Oil here